Last night, I went to one of Charlotte’s premiere bars–World of Beer which is located in SouthEnd Charlotte. The place is loaded with beer of all kinds, approximately 516, and is equipped with the best customer service Charlotte’s nightlife has got to offer.
I don’t have much experience with beer. I just started chugging them down the start of basketball season. And it’s usually a Mich Ultra because of the calorie count and it’s infused flavors. I think by being a wine drinker, I didn’t know what to expect from beers or even what to order once I got to WOB. Determined to explore new tastes, I was ready to learn all about brewskies. I really wanted to use that term brewskies so don’t judge me. It sounds right.
To my fortune, Wonder Woman Jen of WOB came to the rescue and introduced me to some new things. She surveyed my taste buds by asking me the following:
1. Do you normally drink wines?
2. Do you generally like your wines sweet?
3. What fruit do you like?
From there, Jen put me on to newwww kindsss of beer! From Peach Cobbler Beer Shots to The Angry Orchard Apple Cider, I was amazed on how great beer could actually taste. And that’s the first time I’ve experienced a lip-smacking beer shot. Yummie.
So when you go, don’t be afraid to ask for Jen or Rob. Rob is pictured below. These guys are great. Also, it might be helpful to know a few more good things about WOB. Check out my WOB Quickfacts below.
WOB Quickfacts that matter to Me (and possibly to you too):
1. WOB supports local breweries. These drafts start at $5 … a few NoDa pours and more.
2. Wednesday night is Beer Trivia night. This is a great time to try the Peach Cobbler shots since they’re half-off.
3. Though WOB doesn’t serve food, they’ve partnered with nearby restaurants to ensure that you get your eats, Greek Isles and Fuel Pizza, just to name a few.
And if that’s not enough to get you going, check out my cool shots from last night!
Oh and you’re going to need the address to. Here you go:
World of Beer
222 East Bland Street
Charlotte, NC 28203
Open until 2a every day.
Beer starts at $5 -$$